Materials needed: ribbon or a strip of paper and a ruler.
- Cut a strip of paper or ribbon and wrap it around your finger. Use a pen to mark where the two ends meet.
- Using a ruler, measure the length ribbon or paper in millimeters. If you are between sizes, size up. If the ring you'd like is thicker/rider - like the Rose Ring, size up as well.
Using an existing ring that already fits you well, you can use a ruler to measure the inside diameter of this ring. Just use a ruler and measure straight across the inside of the ring from edge to edge.
Also Keep In Mind:
- Fingers typically measure larger in the summer when it is hotter and smaller in the winter when it is cold.
- Fingers measure larger in the morning than in the afternoon.
- Fingers on your dominant hand are often larger than on your non-dominant hand.
- As a general rule of thumb, the wider the band, the snugger the fit so consider sizing up on all rings with larger bands.
||Where the Necklace Falls
||Fits closely around the neck
||Just below collar of crewneck shirt
||Around middle of sternum
||Between top of shoulder and elbow
||Around elbow length